The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) tests the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to manage large installations of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems using Red Hat Satellite server and related technologies.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) who passes this exam will earn a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise that also counts towards earning Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Duration: 4 hours
Przyjmujemy wpłaty w PLN lub EURO.
Oferujemy egzaminy i szkolenia w naszych ośrodkach w Warszawie, Wrocławiu i Krakowie, jak i w lokalizacjach wskazanych przez klienta. W celu ustalenia szczegółów prosimy o kontakt na email@example.com
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking the RH403 Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration course to help prepare.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of systems deployment and management skills and knowledge. You will perform a number of systems administration tasks focused on configuring Red Hat Satellite server and then using that system to deploy client systems. You will be evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
Recommended next exam or course
- EX403 Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management Exam - Demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and ability to use Red Hat products, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Satellite server, to deploy and manage systems in an efficient, scalable, replicable, and reliable manner.
- RH415 Red Hat Security: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud - Manage the secure operation of servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux, whether deployed on physical hardware, as virtual machines, or as cloud instances.
- DO374 Developing Advanced Automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform - Advance your Ansible skills and develop automation that scales by applying recommended practices with the new, container focused tools from Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform.
- DO467 Managing Enterprise Automation with Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform - Manage complex Ansible automation workflows at cloud scale and prevent single points of failure.
- Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or have comparable work experience and skills
- Have taken Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) or have extensive work experience working with Red Hat Satellite server
- Review the exam objectives
You should be able to perform these tasks:
- Configure Red Hat Satellite server
- Create and configure organizations and locations
- Create and configure users and roles
- Create and configure Ansible® roles
- Create and configure Ansible variables
- Manage content and software channels
- Synchronize Red Hat Enterprise Linux content
- Configure subscriptions, content, and content views
- Create custom content channels and populate them with software
- Create and configure development life cycles
- Sign an RPM
- Manage systems
- Create activation keys
- Create host group keys
- Configure bare-metal deployments
- Manage Ansible roles
- Import Ansible roles
- Configure Ansible roles
- Manage Ansible variables
- Import Ansible variables from an Ansible role
- Configure an Ansible variable
- Manage clients
- Register an existing client to a Satellite server
- Apply errata to clients
- Install custom software on clients
- Use Satellite server to remotely execute scripts on clients
- Assign an Ansible role to an existing client
- Provision clients
- Provision bare metal and virtual clients using kickstarts
- Use Ansible variables in kickstarts
- Use Ansible roles in kickstarts
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.