Configure and manage Red Hat Identity Management (IdM)
Red Hat Security: Identity Management and Active Directory Integration (RH362) provides the skills to configure and manage IdM, the comprehensive Identity Management solution bundled with Red Hat® Enterprise Linux.
This course teaches you skills on the most requested Red Hat Identity Management (IdM) capabilities, including Active Directory trusts, multi-product federation, configuration management with Ansible, integrated certificate management, single sign-on, one-time passwords, and cybersecurity policy conformance.
- Install Red Hat Identity Management servers, replicas, and clients.
- Configure and manage Kerberos authentication and secure services.
- Create and manage a trust relationship with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Configure highly secure user authentication—local and remote—including two-factor authentication.
- Manage secrets, vaults, certificates, and keys.
- Troubleshoot identity management processes.
- Integrate Satellite 6 with IdM.
- Integrate Tower with IdM.
- Configure IdM backup and recovery.
Impact on the organization
Businesses will be able to integrate and centralize lifecycle management and security policy implementation and enforcement, as well as to extend that consolidated management to additional enterprise configuration management products from the Red Hat portfolio, including Red Hat Ansible Tower and Red Hat Satellite Server.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will gain an understanding of the architecture of an identity management realm and trusted relationships using both Red Hat Enterprise Linux Identity Management and Microsoft Active Directory. You will be able to create, manage, and troubleshoot user management structures, security policies, local and remote secure access methods, and implementation technologies such as Kerberos, PKI, and certificates.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Create and manage a scalable, resilient Identity Management realm, including both Linux and Microsoft Windows clients and servers.
- Create and manage secure access configurations, including managing and troubleshooting Kerberos, certificate servers, and access control policies.
- Integrate IdM as the back end for other major enterprise tools in the Red Hat portfolio, including Satellite Server and Tower.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who wants to learn how to provision and configure IdM technologies across both Linux and Windows applications
- Identity management specialist or engineer
- Access management specialist or engineer
- Web application developer
- DevOps specialist
- Install Red Hat Identity Management
- Describe and install Red Hat Identity Management (IdM).
- Centralize Identity Management
- Explain the IdM server services, explore IdM clients access methods, and install an IdM client.
- Authenticate identities with Kerberos
- Define the Kerberos protocol and configure services for Kerberos authentication.
- Integrate IdM with Active Directory
- Create a trust relationship with Active Directory.
- Control user access
- Configure users for authorized access to services and resources.
- Manage a public key infrastructure
- Manage certificate authorities, certificates, and storing secrets.
- Maintain IdM operations
- Troubleshoot and recover Identity Management.
- Integrate Red Hat products with IdM
- Configure major services to share the IdM authentication database.
- Install scalable IdM
- Construct a resilient and scalable Identity Management topology.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org