This two day course teaches students how to prepare for and execute a competent and successful deployment of SUSE Enterprise Storage using standard tools, methods, and best practices. The course assumes that students have a basic understanding of Ceph storage, the RADOS cluster and typical configuration details.
Download course description.
In this course, attendees will learn the following:
- Understand the requirements to plan and prepare for a successful SES 5 deployment using DeepSea
- Understand the capabilities of Salt that pertain to DeepSea
- Learn about Software Defined Storage concepts and considerations
- Understand the details of the 5 Stages of deployment using DeepSea
- Investigate detailed troubleshooting approaches to aid successful deployment
Delivery Method: Classroom
Course Duration: 2 days
Course Level: Intermediate
Attendees should have a working knowledge of SUSE Enterprise Storage (or other Ceph based cluster technologies) to the level required by SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Storage.
- Section 1: Introduction
- Section 2: SES 5 Overview
- Section 3: Salt Primer for DeepSea Administrators
- Section 4: Introduction to DeepSea
- Section 5: Deployment Considerations
- Section 6: Deploying with DeepSea
- Section 7: openATTIC and DeepSea
- Section 8: DeepSea Services Stage (Stage 4)
- Section 9: DeepSea Removal Stage (Stage 5)