This two day course introduces students to SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 and provides them with the skills to access, administer and monitor a basic storage cluster.
This course will prepare participants to take and pass the SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Enterprise Storage 6 exam once released.
Downloadable course description.
In this course, attendees will learn to:
- Understand SES 6 components and architecture
- Understand and use RADOS, OSDs, Monitors and Ceph data placement
- Create, manage, and manipulate storage pools
- Fine-tune the CRUSH map for optimum data durability
- Use Erasure Coding
- Manage and Monitor the SES cluster using the Ceph Dashboard
- Understand and troubleshoot common problems
Delivery Method: Classroom
Course Duration: 2 days
Course Level: Beginner
Attendees should have Linux System Administration skills equivalent to SUSE Certified Administrator in Enterprise Linux 15. Familiarity with other storage solutions and distributed filesystems is helpful but not essential.
- Section 1: Course Introduction and Overview
- Section 2: Introduction to SUSE Enterprise Storage 6
- Section 3: Pools and Data Placement
- Section 4: Overviewing of Accessing Storage
- Section 5: Common Day 1 Tasks Using the CLI
- Section 6: Ceph Dashboard
- Section 7: Basic Troubleshooting of SUSE Enterprise Storage