The Container Adoption Boot Camp (DO700) is for those seeking to make a quantum leap in their journey toward digital transformation. Making this shift involves developing software in tight iterations so that business value can be realized sooner. In order to accomplish this goal, this offering can facilitate the adoption of container-native applications, including microservices.
This collection of courses is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5.
Course content summary
- Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- Configuring a Red Hat OpenShift cluster
- Describing advanced features of Red Hat OpenShift
- Containerizing software applications
- Developing microservices with MicroProfile
- Developing microservices with Red Hat® OpenShift Application Runtimes
The Container Adoption Boot Camp (DO700) immerses you in intensive, hands-on development of container-native applications deployed on Red Hat's implementation of Kubernetes, Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. As part of enrollment, you will receive one year of Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard, which gives you unlimited access to all of our courses online, plus up to five certification exams and two retakes.
This collection of courses is designed for application developers and software architects interested in adopting container technology and container-native applications.
Duration: 10 days
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session and issue operating system commands
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Have a comfort level with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux command-line interface and bash scripting
- Create custom container images
- Create containers, manage containers, and manage container images.
- Deploy containerized applications
- Customize containers and deploy on Red Hat OpenShift.
- Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Troubleshoot Red Hat OpenShift deployments.
- Explore Red Hat OpenShift networking concepts
- Describe Red Hat OpenShift networking concepts and troubleshoot with CLI.
- Manage Red Hat OpenShift resources
- Control access to Red Hat OpenShift resources, implement persistent storage, and manage application deployments.
- Containerize applications
- Understand deployment methods, designing containers, and integrated registry and image streams.
- Manage application deployments
- Manage advanced application deployments and Red Hat OpenShift templates.
- Design a highly available cluster
- Design and install a highly available cluster, custom certificates, and log aggregation, in addition to gaining an understanding of Gluster container-native storage, managing system resources, and configuring advanced networking.
- Implement microservice architecture
- Describe microservice architectures, deploy microservices, and implement with MicroProfile.
- Test microservices
- Run microservices, inject configuration data, and perform health checks.
- Implement fault tolerance
- Apply fault tolerance, develop an API gateway for a series of microservices, and secure with JWT.
- Secure microservices with JWT
- Use the JSON Web Token specification to secure a microservice.
- Create microservices with Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
- Receive an introduction to OpenShift Application Runtimes and Fabric8.
- Install Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Install, monitor, and manage OpenShift Container Platform.
- Customize source-to-image builds
- Tailor source-to-image builds and migrate applications to Red Hat OpenShift.
- Develop and deploy runtimes
- Employ the WildFly Swarm, Vert.x, and Spring Boot runtimes to develop and deploy microservices.
- Monitor microservices
- Track the operation of a microservice using metrics, distributed tracing, and log aggregation.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us at email@example.com