Red Hat DevOps Pipelines and Processes: Git and Test Driven Development (TDD) (DO401) is designed for developers to learn how to create, manage, and secure Jenkins and other tools that support a DevOps organization.
- Build declarative Jenkins pipelines.
- Use conditional and parallel pipelines.
- Implement release strategies that minimize downtime and risk.
- Scan applications for security vulnerabilities.
- Identify and monitor pipeline performance metrics.
Impact on the organization
- DevOps with Jenkins, Test Driven Development, and Git version control, improves application time-to-market and code quality. This makes applications more resilient and enables organizations to quickly implement new features and respond to a quickly changing market.
Impact on the individual
- Students will be able to use the concepts in this course to build applications for continuous integration and continuous delivery. Students will learn foundational and advanced methods for creating Jenkins pipelines, configure security and monitoring of their pipelines, and release strategies for deployment on OpenShift Container Platform. This course is intended to illustrate the benefits of DevOps and the tools that support its implementation.
This course is intended for developers who are responsible for application pipelines and release strategies.
- Configuring, installing, upgrading, and maintaining Linux systems using established standards and procedures
- Providing operational support
- Managing systems for monitoring system performance and availability
- Writing and deploying scripts for task automation and system administration
Duration - 2 days
Recommended next exam or course
- Internet access required.
- Introduction to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Describe the principles of DevOps and the role of Jenkins.
- Author Pipelines
- Create basic pipelines to run Jenkins jobs.
- Deploy Applications with Pipelines
- Safely and automatically deploy applications to OpenShift Container Platform.
- Implement Pipeline Security and Monitoring
- Manage the security and monitor the performance of pipelines.