This course is no longer available, it has been removed from Red Hat schedules and can not be delivered on request anymore.
If you wish to learn similar content, please note that the better option is to take two separate courses: DO188+DO288 and EX288 exam.
Accelerated hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift
Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Development II with exam (DO296) teaches you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift® cluster. Whether you are tasked with writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, this offering provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam (EX288) is included in this offering.
- Container and OpenShift architecture/li>
- Designing and Creating containerized services
- Managing containers and container images
- Creating custom container images
- Deploying containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploying multi-container applications using Helm Charts.
- Manage and trigger application builds using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Create health checks to monitor and improve application reliability.
- Create and deploy cloud-native applications on OpenShift.
Impact on the organization
Containers are a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices, and containers and OpenShift have quickly become the de facto solution for agile development and application deployment. Administrators and developers are seeking ways to improve application time-to-market for minimum viable products. This course provides the gateway to organizational and digital transformation by providing an understanding of the potential of DevOps using a container-based architecture. Orchestrated with Kubernetes and OpenShift, a container-based architecture improves application reliability and scalability, while decreasing developer overhead and facilitating continuous deployment.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and deployments
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
- Enterprise application developers who wish to containerize software applications.
- Developers who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures.
- DevOps Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Duration: 5 days
Recommended next exam or course:
- This course uses a lab environment provisioned in the Red Hat Online Learning (ROL) cloud.
- Internet access is required to run the exercises and labs.
- Familiarity with the Linux command line is recommended but not required.
Przyjmujemy wpłaty w PLN lub EURO.
W celu ustalenia szczegółów prosimy o kontakt na email@example.com
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator is recommended, but not required
- Introduction and overview of containers
- Describe how containers facilitate application development.
- Podman basics
- Manage and run containers with Podman.
- Container images
- Navigate container registries to find and manage container images.
- Custom container images
- Build custom container images to containerize applications.
- Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
- Deploy applications by using various application packaging methods on an OpenShift cluster and manage their resources.
- Publish enterprise container images
- Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
- Manage builds on OpenShift
- Describe the OpenShift build process, in addition to triggering and managing builds.
- Customize source-to-image builds
- Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
- Deploy multi-container applications
- Deploy multi-container applications using Helm charts and Kustomize.
- Manage application deployments
- Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
- Build applications for OpenShift
- Create, Deploy and Integrate third-party applications on OpenShift.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic contact one of our training specialists.