DO296 Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Development II with exam teaches you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift® cluster. Whether you are tasked with writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, this course provides hands-on training to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat OpenShift.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development exam (EX288) is included in this offering.
- Explore container and OpenShift architecture
- Create containerized services
- Manage containers and container images
- Build custom container images
- Manage and trigger application builds
- Customize an existing source-to-image base image
- Develop an OpenShift template
- Generate health checks to monitor and improve application reliability
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the fundamental concepts behind containerizing, scaling, deploying, and managing applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, which is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Design container images to containerize applications.
- Customize application builds and implement post-commit build hooks.
- Create a multicontainer application template.
- Implement health checks to improve system reliability.
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications.
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration.
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures.
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and OpenShift.
Duration: 5 days
Recommended next exam or course:
- Internet access is required for this course in order to access the OpenShift shared and dedicated clusters.
Przyjmujemy wpłaty w PLN lub EURO.
W celu ustalenia szczegółów prosimy o kontakt na email@example.com
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Architect is recommended, but not required
- Introduction to container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
- Manage containers
- Manipulate prebuilt container images to create and manage containerized services.
- Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
- Create custom container images
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
- Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
- Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
- Deploy and manage applications on an OpenShift cluster
- Use various application packaging methods to deploy applications to an OpenShift cluster, then manage their resources.
- Design containerized applications for OpenShift
- Select a containerization method for an application and create a container to run on an OpenShift cluster.
- Publish enterprise container images
- Create an enterprise registry and publish container images to it.
- Build applications
- Describe the OpenShift build process, then trigger and manage builds.
- Customize source-to-image (S2I) builds
- Customize an existing S2I base image and create a new one.
- Create applications from OpenShift templates
- Describe the elements of a template and create a multicontainer application template.
- Manage application deployments
- Monitor application health and implement various deployment methods for cloud-native applications.
- Perform comprehensive review
- Create and deploy cloudinative applications on OpenShift.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic contact one of our training specialists.