Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Creating Microservices with Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes (DO292) introduces you to three runtimes: WildFly Swarm, Vert.x, and Spring Boot. This course is an intensive, hands-on programming experience in which you will develop multiple microservices using the three runtimes and deploy them on a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 7.5 and OpenShift Container Platform 3.9.
Developing microservices using Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
- Java application developers interested in employing microservices architectures
- Software architects interested in creating and deploying microservices
Duration: 4 days
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have completed Red Hat Application Development I: Implementing Microservice Architectures (JB283), or demonstrate equivalent experience with microservice architecture
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or higher is helpful, for navigation and usage of the command line
- Being a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containerized Application Development, completing Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Containerizing Applications (DO288), or experiencing developing and deploying containerized applications to an OpenShift cluster
- Deploy microservices to an OpenShift cluster
- Deploy an application based on a microservice architecture to an OpenShift cluster.
- Deploy microservices with the WildFly Swarm runtime
- Develop and deploy a microservice using the WildFly Swarm runtime.
- Develop microservices with the Vert.x runtime
- Develop and deploy a microservice using the Vert.x runtime.
- Develop microservices with the Spring Boot runtime
- Develop and deploy a microservice using the Spring Boot runtime.
- Develop an API gateway
- Develop and deploy an API gateway using the WildFly Swarm runtime.
- Implement fault tolerance with Hystrix
- Administer fault tolerance in a series of microservices using the Hystrix libraries.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.